Monday, March 29, 2010

Small Kitchen Stories: Baked Veal Loaf Dinner

I wonder if I can pull this off?
Can I travel with a made-up veal loaf mixture, in the cooler of course, ..... and then upon arrival pop it in the oven with half-cut tomatoes and potatoes?  Then, I would take my sunset beach walk timing it to return back for a great dinner!   In Spring and Fall, the oven would warm up the cottage!
 As well, I'd have sandwich fixings for the weekend!

Beachy-Cottage Baked Veal Loaf

Ground Veal, 1 pound
Quick Cooking Oatmeal, ~ 1/3 cup
Egg, 1
Dijon Mustard, Chili Sauce, Soy Sauce
Marjoram, Thyme, Celery Seeds
Potato, cut in half-long way
Tomato, cut in half
Olive oil

In a bowl combine until well-mixed the veal, oatmeal, egg, and to taste dollops of the mustard, chili sauce, as well as the herbs.  
Form into a small fat log and place on an oiled baking dish.
Place the potatoes cut-side down.
Place the tomatoes cut-side up!
Drizzle olive oil on the potatoes and tomatoes.

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Ta-DA! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment