Monday, May 11, 2009

Red Knots Arrive and Ruddy Turnstones too!

I've waited a year to see my first Red Knots!  I was so excited!  I'm still excited!  My first sighting was at Port Mahon along the bay's rip-rap rocky edges. My first look-see out the binos.... and there they were!!!!   My sighting partner, on a five day holiday, was an Environmental Educator, and a wonderful teacher
  I'm a volunteer with DE's Fish and Wildlife Seashore Birds.  I'm participating on a fast learning-track to record data, sight birds, re-sight band info, capture/net and band the birds!
After eight hours work.......I was fading...... but still on an adrenaline rush after the afternoon boat-tour look-see ( no Red Knots or Ruddy Turnstones...... so no scope work).
Can not wait to net and band my first birds!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment