Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Small Kitchen Stories: Roll into Dewey with Fifer's Roast Chicken


Roast Chicken and Veggys-Two Ways, Two Dinners:
Roll into Dewey on Friday Night and still have a wonderful dinner is possible via a Fifer's Market Roast Chicken!
Call in ahead to reserve one if you are super anxious and OCD organized.  I just show up and hope for the best ;-)
#1: With my lovely roast chicken scenting my cottage, I contemplated my next move.  I was way too tired and lazy to do much.
I had New Red Potatoes and Yellow Snap Beans.  I prepared both and boiled together.  While waiting for the veggys to cook to order....... I chopped scallions and a yellow tomato.  New Red Potatoes and Yellow Snap Beans were drained and tossed into the chopped scallions/yellow tomato.  I added in a fun Lime-Honey Salad Dressing.  Onto my dinner plate it went with a big slice of the still warm but not hot roast chicken on the side..... also drizzled with the salad dressing. 
#2: More Roast Chicken awaits in the fridge for dinner #2.  I picked off the chicken and then threw it into the skillet where I already had sauteing scallions, mushrooms, and tomatoes.  Added in some Vermuth.  Added in a big dollop of sourcream.  Served it on nice big slices of toasted Sourdough bread.
Ta Da!

Beach Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment