Monday, September 28, 2009

Small Kitchen Stories: Pasta with Trout and Spinach

Friday evening, when it was time for dinner I was beyond tired to "go out" and as always I desperately wanted a lovely dinner.
With the cooler weather I was OK to warm up the kitchen with a pot of boiling water.  Pasta it was!  But then what???
I had a big handful of spinach that was on it's way out, same with the mushrooms.  On the  hopeful side I had a cold lovely fillet of sauteed Trout :-)
Here is the plan:
Bring the pot of water to a boil and add the pasta.  
The last few minutes add in the minced spinach and chopped mushrooms.
When all is al dente...... Drain in the colander.
Throw it back in the warm pot.
Add in the fish flakes.
Douse with olive oil and grindings of black pepper.

*Simple and stunningly good!

Ooh, and for dessert I did sliced damson plums with, crumbled ginger cookies, crystalized ginger, honey, and Grand Marnier!

No comments:

Post a Comment