Monday, June 21, 2010

Small Kitchen Stories: Instantly Thai!

I missed out on the Friday nite Pad Thai at Scraps...... and yearned for it all weekend.
Sunday Night it was time to make a dinner that would not heat up the kitchen and would use up the "left-overs".
I had steamed broccoli and a grilled veal steak. The heck with that: I wanted a Thai theme salad!

Instantly Thai Salad

Salad Stuff:
Steamed green veggy: I had broccoli!
Cooked Fish or Shrimp, Chicken or Beef: I had Veal!
Leftover bits of cheddar cheese: I know, I know: but it worked just fine.
Chopped Sweet Red Pepper
Chopped Tomato
Chopped Scallions

Salad Dressing Ingredients:
Drew's Thai Sesame Lime Salad Dressing
Peanut Butter, Crunchy and Organic too!
Soy Sauce
Rice Vinegar
Toasted Sesame Oil

Toss all the salad stuff in a bowl. In a mixing bowl whip up together the salad dressing ingredients to taste. Start out with a big lump of peanut butter and then add in the rest.
Dress the salad and toss!
*Extra points: garnish with a handful of Oriental rice cracker snack mix!

Ta DA!

No comments:

Post a Comment