Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Small Kitchen Stories: Brown Butter Poached Salmon

Am I the last one on the block to learn this recipe or is this my invention alone?
Back from grocery shopping I was way too tired to "think up" a nice way to make my little salmon filet. The results of this brown-butter Salmon is so delicious, I went out to purchase another little filet for a repeat!

Brown-Butter Poached Salmon Filet

Salmon Filet: Giant, Rte 1: skinless filet
Olive Oil
Butter, unsalted, ~ 1 tablespoon
White Wine: need something that is slightly sweet

In a small pan with a lid add in the olive oil and heat until sizzling. Add in the salmon filet and let it brown for a few minutes.
Add in ~ 1 tablespoon of the butter.
Let this sizzle a minute or so.
Turn down the heat to simmer and add in a good slosh of the wine, but not enough to cover the filet.
Put on the cover and let it simmer until done, ~ 10 minutes or less, depending on the weight/thickness.
While it simmers, periodically baste it with the now syrupy-brown butter sauce.

I served this with steamed Butternut squash and a small fruit plate of blood-oranges.

Ta-DA!



No comments:

Post a Comment