Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rosh Ha Shonah and Hawk Watch

For the Erev Rosh Ha Shonah evening service, I made certain I was dressed up: Simply Vera Wang dress, fancy drop-pearl earrings, gold circle bangle, and Italian sandals, ruched-black handbag.
Because...... The next day, for Saturday Morning Rosh Ha Shonah services I was dressed in a tee-shirt, capris, and a backpack.
Fashion format follows the function: I was positively giddy from the effect of going between Hawk Watch before and after services.
I was more proud of my fat-with-binoculars backpack than the fancy black leather-tasseled handbag. This memory brought back the wonderful youthful moments of picking out a new outfit to wear for Rosh Ha Shonah. .... And now as an adult I am in a tee-shirt!
The morning service sent me off with the Shofar Blasts exciting me to charge into the new year ahead.
After Hawk Watch I attended, just around the corner, the Tashlich ceremony at the Lewes Cape Shores Pier where we threw our leafs inscribed with our woes to the Delaware Bay.
Combining all the above activities can only happen in Sussex County! The effect of which made me for the entire day beyond grateful for my beachy-life.

Beach Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment