Monday, August 31, 2009

Bonfire on The Broadkill

Lucky me to have attended a Birthday Bonfire- On The Beach- on The Broadkill!
Our Hostess having done bonfires on the beach since herself a small smelt, and knowing the logistics there-in, had -pre-hauled to the beach all the Party Stuff.  As well the hole was dug and ready with wood for the lighting.
We gathered round the fire just at sunset.  Joyful for the company and the insanely beautiful setting.  We exhaled and relaxed.
For Uninvited Guests we had a Willet sing it's name for a Birthday Song and even a Ruddy Turnstone or two came in for a look-see. 
I was happy no sickly foxes came by to grab our roasted Bratwurts!  Tabbouleh and a Yogurt Soup rounded out the Birthday Day Dinner.
Jupiter rose to my right...... and heat lightening flashes were to my left.
 Freighters lined the shipping lane. 
 The Cape May LightHouse and the Cape Henlopen Light House started their blinking. The Town of Lewes brightened up in  a long gentle curve leading to the unlit and sandy, Cape Henlopen State Park's, The Point.  To my right Beach Plum Island darkened and became utterly mysterious.
As the evening ended back at the house with Birthday Song Blessings and  apricot pie........ my mind wandered back to my youth of picking beach plums and eating beach plum jam!!!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment