Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rusty Rudder Jam Fest

I could not help myself, I just had to drop in on the Rusty Rudder's Jam Fest!
I was there Friday night, only one hour, but it was worth the 40 minute round trip of walking to and fro!
Fondly I call the inside "Club Rudder"...... and found "Analog Anthem" working mayhem on Southern Rock.  
 I sat in front of Stage 2 which was just setting up for "Fiddle Foxx".  Only two guys, no percussion to be found, and only  a keyboard, a fiddle and a banjo set up.  Yet, I had a feeling that this would prove the band performance of the night! 
 I was correct!
Fiddle Foxx must have deep folk and classic roots to pull-off their gig which is outside edgy abstract forms of Hip Hop and Rap wound tight to World Rhythms.
Part of the trick was the vocals used as  percussion sounds! The sound system did it justice!
When Fiddle Foxx offered up Rap to Bosa Nova rhythms the crowd went insane!  The musicians waiting for their slots gathered tight about the stage and the kitchen employees poked their astonished heads around the doorway.
  An unexpected thrilling live music performance: This is when I love Dewey Beach the most!

Beach Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment