Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Small Kitchen Stories: Salmon Lox and Veggy Saute!


Sunday Night and I was beyond hungry and yet again too tired to cook.  I was desperate for a good dinner....... but had very little to work with....... and needed to use up supplies as it is time to clear out the fridge for Winter cottage-close up.
I had a packet of good Salmon Lox, a small zucchini, a few scallions, a tomato, and sour cream.  Ah, ha!  I figured it out.

Make Couscous, instant type.  I used 1/2 cup dry and 1/2 cup boiling water.  Add a bit of butter and let sit.

Chop the zucchini, scallions, and tomato
Chop the Lox.  Put in a small bowl with a dollop of sour cream.

Heat the skillet and saute all except the tomato to get some color.  Add in the tomato.
Turn off the heat.  Add in the lox/sour cream combo.
Heat on low until the lox turns opaque.

Serve on the dinner plate beside the Couscous.
Dessert was a slice of fig and apple pie!!!!

TA DA!  

No comments:

Post a Comment