Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Small Kitchen Stories: Jazz Fest & Cream of Crab Soup




Rehoboth Jazz Fest weekend I took in the afternoon and evening concerts.  Beddy-bye time was near midnight.  Breakfast was Dewey Beach-late-late morning...... and then I ran off to the 1 PM concert.  
By the time the concert was over, heading back to my beach shack for lunch I was starved.  I need a good soothing,  hot and comforting meal as the entire weekend we were in a double North East'r storm.  But lunch could not be too heavy as it would be time soon enough to catch dinner before the evening 9PM concert!  
As I pulled out of my parking spot I figured it out!  I went into Rehoboth Seafood for Cream of Crab Soup!  I bought a pint.
The soup is incredibly rich and stuffed full of crab.  Way too rich as is.... and just right for "playing with" ;-)
Jazz Fest Cream of Crab Soup for Lunch and Dinner Too!

Cream of Crab Soup
Chopped tomato
Minced scallions
 Mushroom slices

Just heat all of the above together until the soup is steaming hot and the tomato, mushrooms and scallions are softened.

For Lunch: eat as is!
For Dinner: heat again and pour over crusty bread slices.

Dessert: Fifer's Caramel Walnut Apple Pie slices!

Ta Da!

Beach Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment