Monday, March 7, 2011

DE State Park Pass for Volunteers

I have to admit that I adore having a "free" DE State Park Pass! It signifies myself as a "DNREC Groupie". Who knew and not certainly myself until I started down the path of staring and counting: Red Knots, Piping Plovers and Raptors!
I love going thru the park "toll booths", being recognized by the staff while I simultaneously point out the sticker.
I will also admit that I did not like having to purchase the pass. It is not that I can not afford one.
My objection is this: I am a DE property owner yet I am required to pay the "Out of State" fee which is considerably higher than that of a DE resident. Or rather for those that own a DE registered vehicle as the fee is based on one's license plate.
When I paid full rate each and every time I pulled yet again into CHSP, Tower Beach, Keybox or Gordon's Pond, in my mind I'd pro-rate the sticker cost!
So happy I am with my sweet volunteer park pass reward even though sometimes the seasonal "police" can not find my sticker which is located on my back tinted windows.
I made a bright yellow sign with an arrow pointing to it: HERE IT IS!
And me too!

Beach Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment