Monday, July 27, 2009

Woody's Grill and James Otto

Since I mostly cook and eat-in, oh how happy I am when I find a new place to dine in Dewey Beach which fits the bill.  Woody's Grill is the place and one the locals have already dubbed their own.
Woody's is located in the former rather sketchy-looking "Mike's Frozen Tundra" at which I never-even took one look-see.
The outdoor seating area is actually cozy and comfy.... and fabulous for people watching those across the street at The Bottle and Cork....... my next destination.  Inside, the dining area does not appeal.  But the bar does.
Even better is the menu which is Dewey Beach Up-Scale-d!   Creative and fun menu with appetizers, sandwiches and entrees!  The prices are ever so mild.  I ordered a Cajun crusted Ahi tuna.... with a scary sounding but yummy side of seaweed salad with cucumber and melon.  Delicious.  Served on a cool square china dish, sprinkled with the Cajun spice.  This is dinner worth the price!  
Then it was off to the Bottle and Cork for James Otto! I started out feeling a bit miffed as the show started near to 11PM...... thus indicating it would be only one set.. which it was.
But, this 6'5" musician won me over in the first song! His good looks helped too!
James Otto must come from a long line of musicians, he plays with such confidence.  He can play anything, but his chosen style is very Pop/Country/Nashville.  Love-love-love his back up group, especially the steel-guitar player!!!!
Although I high-tailed it home near to 1 AM..... James Otto met the audience and gifted many with guitar picks and signed drumsticks!  
Saturday I was only good for beach time: swimming, reading, lounging!

No comments:

Post a Comment