Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year Dewey Beach!

I always promise myself to be in Dewey Beach for the New Year; yet business requires me elsewhere.
If I was there I'd already be at the best and most fun house party in town, and on New Year's Day Weekend I'd be participating in the annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count; a Pelagic Boat Trip!
Yet, my New Year never starts January 1st. I consider myself lucky as I count Two Starts to the New Year; Late Spring Beach Cottage Opening and Early Fall Rosh Ha Shonah
( translates to Head of The New Year).
Yet, oddly Rosh Ha Shonah signals the beginning of the end of my New Beach Season!
A New Year! A New Beach Season and all that implies! New swimsuits and sandals,
renewing and making new friendships, beach fun that never gets tagged as old.
When the sunlight hits my beachy cottage bedroom window, I awaken to a new day, two new tides to greet, and new shorebirds to protect, new Hawks to count.
Each Beach Day is a New Year in itself.
Every Sunset is the New Year's Eve for the Celebration to Continue to the Next Beach Day, and the next........ and the next!
Dewey Beach: every Day is a New Year's Celebration!


Happy New Year's Dewey Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment