Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chautauqua Tent and Blue Hydrangeas

  Lewes-living is the grown-up version of Summer Arts Camp. Chautauqua Tent 1812 re-enactments?
       Sunday I entered the tent for the musical offering: hammer dulcimer, guitar, and the musicians unexpectedly hilarious take on their musical career.  Sitting down I wondered why I felt so happy, so comfortable, and crazy nostalgic.
     Ah, it was Interlochen Arts Camp "deja-vu all over again".  A beautiful outdoor venue, tented, talented musicians, and a wildly enthusiastic audience.  An audience just willing to be: happy!
    Not only did we clap, we danced, we played whatever found instrument we could.  I clacked the freebie fan-handles! One dog was clever enough to bark on the beat!
  At the break I wandered the venue's park garden now in it's Summer phase:  "irrational exuberance".  Impossible electric blue hydrangeas that fade to purple?  A fountain to celebrate it all.
 As I poked my way into the park's neighbor's yard; an invite was called out: come and join me!
Ok, I was convinced to return for the evening's performance.
Cramming in as many performances in the day as possible;  that was Interlochen's key enjoyment now to be found again in Lewes.

Beach Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment